Thursday, July 3, 2008

Varicose Veins

I just got back from dropping Lance off at the hospital to have the varicose veins removed from his left leg. They were supposed to have been removed a couple of weeks ago but a blood clot formed in his right leg after having the veins removed so the doctor made him wait until the clot was gone. He didn't go to work for two weeks because the doctor didn't want him sitting for long periods of time. It's a big bummer he had to wait so long because now he will miss all the Independence Day celebrations :(

I'm really hoping the doctor is more competent than his receptionist. She was supposed to leave a message yesterday telling Lance what time his surgery was scheduled for. When I got home from work I saw she had called several times but never left a message. I called the office and she said, "I've been calling your house but every time I got an answering machine that kept saying 'please leave a message.'" Duhhhhhhhh!

Anyway, here are some pictures of his right leg. This was taken before the veins were removed.


He had to have the leg rapped in ace bandages for seventy-two hours after the surgery. During that time he had to keep the leg elevated above his heart and take easy, ten minute walks once an hour.


They made twenty-four incisions to remove the veins.


He has to wear pretty stocking for a couple of weeks after the surgery.


I don't know which legs he's going for after the surgeries are completed.

4 comments:

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Really, it is Jane: Holy Cow! That looks like a MAJOR big deal! I would LOVE to watch THAT operation! If you have any more done, Lance, call me and maybe I can scrub in! Anyway, I hope you are feeling better and the leg is nice and heals properly. Take care of yourself! love, Jane

aLi said...

I vote for the legs on the right. With the heels. Them are sexy legs! ;)

Kim-the-girl said...

Wow! I'm sorry that you have to go through that Lance...good luck with the recovery!

Jeni said...

OUCH! Lance...I sure hope you're feeling better! We've missed you!