Friday, June 13, 2008

In-laws and More In-laws

On Wednesday we had my in-law's, Jack and Maureen over for dinner. Since there was so much food we invited Fred over too. As happens so often during a nice, relaxing dinner the phone rang. If it looks like a telemarketer we usually don't anwer, but without thinking Lance picked up the phone. It turned out to be someone from American Laser Center notifying me that I had won a third place prize - a $300.00 coupon for hair removal. I should have just hung up - Fred kept saying "Hang up!" - but I was polite and listened to what she had to say.

Finally, as we were getting back to our food the phone rang again. Lance saw it was the same number but before he could answer, Fred grabbed the phone from him and we witnessed what probably no one on earth has ever seen before. With a high pitched, rather effeminate voice, Fred answered the phone -

"Helloooo?"

"Lancey? Who do you want to talk to? Lancey? I don't know if Lancey is here! Just one moment!"

"Lancey! Ohhhhh Lanceyyyyyy! Are you here Lanceyyyyy!"
I about spit grape juice all over the table. Jack, Maureen and Lance almost choked on their food as they tried to keep from bursting out laughing.

"I'm sorrrryyyyy! Lanceyyyy isn't answering! I don't think Lanceyyyy is home! Can I take a message?"

"Ohhhh, WOW!!! He won a 3rd place prize for hair removal?!?! He'll be SO SURPRISED!!! He'll be SOOOOO SURPRISED!!! Ohhhhhh! That's SOOOO wonderful!!!! Yes! Yes! I'll be sure to tell Lanceyyyy that he won! I'll be sure to have him call you back!!! Lanceyyyy will be SOOOOO happy!"

I think we'll never think of Fred the same ever again! So much for a nice, relaxing meal.

A few minutes later the phone rang again - this time it was safe - it was just Jane. She was in the city with four of her daughters-in-law for dinner. I invited them all over for ice cream, and to see our flower garden. We always like to have family over, even if we have to bribe them with ice-cream. It's also a great way to get more pictures for posterity and our blog!

Jane and granddaughter Briell
Brielle's momma, Brindy
Lance and Lisa
I think maybe Sarah still hasn't recovered from marrying into the Woodbury family.
That's okay, neither have Jane or Kim.
My happy in-laws.
As far as in-laws go, I think they are all keepers.

4 comments:

Kalynne said...

Oh my gosh! I am laughing so hard...I totally would never believe that Fred would do this!!! What a riot! Wish I had been there. Sarah's picture is classic-I think our crazy family is overwhelming to anywho who has just joined! :)

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Just Jane says: I am STILL laughing out loud and hollering for Scott to come see this about Fred ....but alas, he is snoring. (He's on drugs.)
And how do you think of those cute captions for my cute daughters- in- love? And thanks for inviting us over for the ice cream that turned into banana splits! You and Lance are the BEST! And Maureen and Jack are TOPS! love, Just Jane

ps If I ever own a shop...like a clothes shop or a bakery....I will name it Just Jane's.

aLi said...

That WAS hilarious. I love coming to your blog and being suprised with something so funny.
Thanks for taking pictures of my family so I can see them!

Jeni said...

Fred did WHAT?!?!?!? That is too funny!
Sara's caption & photo are hilarious!