Thursday, May 1, 2008

Frontrunner

On Monday, Denice called to say she was bringing Mom to Salt Lake on the Frontrunner. It was so crowded on the train that Mom had to stand from the Roy station to Layton - even with icey glares from Denice no one would give up their seat.

Lance and I met them at the Station then took Trax to Aunt Faye's apartment for dinner with her and Aunt Marilyn.
We didn't want to impose too much on Aunt Faye so we brought a casserole and dessert. She lives right across the street from the Conference Center.


After dinner and visiting, Lance and I took Mom and Denice back to the train station, we got there just as the train was pulling out, so with our big, enourmous, generous hearts (I mean heart, Lance took Trax back to our house) I drove Mom and Denice back to Roy.

When I got back home I found Lance at a neighbors house - when he took Trax home he didn't realize he didn't have a key to the house. Our neighbor, Sophie, took him in and fed him lot of candy and treats.

On Tuesday, Lance and I decided to take the Frontrunner up to Ogden. The scheduled 45 minute ride only took one hour.

We passed by LOTS of very ugly trailer parks, if Eli came back to Utah he would have PLENTY of work fixing them up.

Downtown Ogden wasn't as bad as we remembered it. The Union Station has some great museums. This D&R.G. caboose at the Railroad Museum probably used to pass our house in Roy all the time.

We walked around downtown, ate at a great restaurant and eventually made our way to Farr Icecream. I couldn't believe Lance and I have been together eleven years and this was his first time to Farr's!
The 45 minute trip back to Salt Lake took only 1 hour, 40 minutes. Tomorrow, (Thursday) the Frontrunner will no longer be free so the ride should really take only 45 minutes. Now all the family up in Ogden can easily hop on the the train to Salt Lake, transfer to Trax for the short trip to our house! We'll provide the food! See you soon!



5 comments:

Kalynne said...

Hey, you should have called us up while you were in downtown! We live soo close to the train stop!

Jeni said...

I agree about the scenery along the way...trashy!

aLi said...

Aw, how nice of Sophie~ it sounds like Lance got spoiled. That was funny how you worded it. It reminded me of when I was little and used to go to Heritage Park just to get candy from the older people!
I wish the frontrunner came to Missouri. Well, I probably wouldn't ride it. A 16 hour drive would probably take 32 hours!!! Nah thanks.

Glenn and Lance said...

Ali, you make me laugh out load! I wish I'd thought of going to Heritage Park for candy! Grandma sure didn't give us any!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Ali, you make me laugh out "load" too!!! I am learning all kinds of stuff with this blog world! Cool, Glenn, that you and Denice would give Mom an adventure. We just make her sit through graduations. Funny thing is, she seems to actually enjoy it!

So what kind of candy did Sophie feed Lance? lol-ing! Love, Jane