Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Family Look-a-Likes

For quite a while now I have been scanning all the old family pictures I can find so that hopefully they can be preserved forever. It wasn't long after I started going through the pictures that I started to notice some very strong family resemblances that have been passed on through the generations.

Fred definitely looks a lot like Grandpa George Wallace Bruerton. Grandpa Bruerton could fix anything, I think Fred can too.



Jane looks like Margery - in all their pictures they have the same exact smile.




I think there are as many photos of Boyd as there are of great-great-great grandfather Cyril Call - one! If you put a beard on Boyd and a curl in his hair you'd think they were the same person!



Mom has always said Reed looks the most like the Parker side of the family. Great-great grandfather William Cope Parker was from Cheshire, England. The Cheshire Cat disappeared until all that was left was it's grin - perhaps the Cat could lend its grin to William and Reed.



Most people think Great-great-great Grandmother Patty Sessions wasn't much of a looker, but with a little make-up and a smile I think maybe should could have been attractive - maybe.



But then, maybe Denice looks more like Great-great-great-great Grandmother Sally Barber Child. They have a lot in common in these pictures, Denice had just gotten married and Sally had just walked 1300 miles to Utah.


Lisa looks like Mom, who likes like Grandpa Sessions, who looks like his mother, Selena Jane Holt Sessions.

Mom says I look the most like Grandpa Odell Holt Sessions. I think that would be great, everyone I've ever talked to who knew him said he was the most kind person they have ever met. I guess our personalities are alike too! (Hmmm, I guess if I'm being nice I shouldn't be calling my tourists stupid.) And it looks like Aunt Faye was right, Grandpa does have more hair than me :(








4 comments:

Jeni said...

That is way too cool Glenn! My mom also has the same nose as Margery (I check out noses:)) I think I might have Margery's eyes..hmmmmm. Reed & The Parker man DO have the same smile! WOW! I'm just laughing at Denice & Boyd's...you're cruel! :)

Jeni said...

Oh I forgot! You definitely are Odell's twin!

aLi said...

heehee, I agree with Jeni! Those were funny pictures to compare with Boyd and Reed! You've done a good job of matching similarities!!! That was really cool and interesting to look at.

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Holy Cow! That is fascinating! I just found your link on Jeni's and have a whole minute or three to check things out. COOL! I have never before seen those pictures of Marge...the one with Erin. I am in awe! I want to see more! Love, Jane who is posing as Scott because she doesn't have a blog and isn't as cool as Scott...rather up to date as Scott.