Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Today in History

Happy Birthday, Denice! We hope it's a great day for you! You've definitely made life more interesting for all of us (and we wonder if Sam really knew what he was getting into when he married you)






On the back of this card Mom wrote, "From Dad's co-workers at Adams Elem. in Logan. They gave us a beautiful white dress for Denice. It was so stiff and scratchy I never put it on her."


I also found a letter written to Mom by her Seattle stake missionary companion, Hattie Woodard:

"14 Mar 1956


Dear LaJean:


Your notice of Baby Denice just came, your family is growing, and if you are well you manage just as well as you did with the first two.

I believe this is the first girl. My granddaughter had four girls, then the boy. He is a rather spoiled boy which is apt to be the case, so look out that one little fairy doesn't get all the petting, though naturally she will get the most care while she is so young and helpless....

....Well, I am thinking of you and knowing you are very busy. I love you and hope all is well with all of you. Don't worry about writing back, I have raised a family myself.

Love to all, Hattie

(young and helpless...kind of makes you chuckle, doesn't it?)


Little Denice with her dear older brothers and sister.

Denice in 1966.


Lisa, Denice, Glenn and Brandy in front of the house.


Denice all excited about going to the dance.


Denice all excited again.



Auntie Denice with little baby David.


Auntie Denice, again with little baby David.

A note from Denice to Mom and Dad.


Denice sharing her fashion sense.


Measuring for what?

Denice with her sweet, darling children, Misty, Casey and Kelly.

A little more sweet and darling.

Auntie Denice with little baby Erin and Mom.

Denice before putting on her make-up.


Denice and Mom, what a great picture!
Once again, Happy Birthday!

4 comments:

Misty said...

Happy Birthday Mom!!!!!
You owe Glenn a giant "THANK YOU" for not posting any weird pictures of you1!!!

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday Denice! I hope all your birthday wishes come true!
Pretty funny photos Glenn!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

GREAAAAT Photos!!! AGAIN!!! I LOVE them!!! Denice was my baby sister and I called her "Dolly". When I got home from elem school, she would come running out into my arms!! My dream come true! She was a treasured little baby! Happy Birthday, Denice!! Love, Jane

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

ps how bizarre is "Fredula" for a word verification?