Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Big Birthday, Jane!

Happy Birthday, Jane! We hope it's a great day for you!

I remember Dad saying Jane was named both for Margery's grandmother, Mary Jane Goodway, and for Margery's good friend, Jane.


One of my earliest memories is listening to an album of The Mama's and The Papa's with Jane on our old stereo in the living room.


We decided to put some pictures together of Jane with their music. It's six minutes long - that's one minute for each decade. (If we hadn't used the Mama's and the Papa's we would have used "Like An Angel Passing Through the Room" I think that descibes Jane pretty well)
Hope you like it! Have a very Happy Birthday, Jane!


9 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Jane, you are SO beautiful! Happy Birthday! Great post Glenn!

Cook with Tom said...

What a great slideshow! Glenn, I'm always impressed at your photography collection.

Misty said...

Happy Birthday Erin- sorry I mean Happy Birthday Jane- I was confused at the beginning! I have always admired your calmness and happiness at life. I love you!!!!

Kalynne said...

Awesome slideshow Glenn! I loved looking at all of the pics you chose.

Jeni said...

Happy Birthday Mom! and Glenn...I loved the music and the photos! Super fun to watch!

Kim and Brindy said...

Happy Birthday Mom! I hadn't seen many of those pictures before. That was fun!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Wow..I am speechless and teary-eyed. That was just amazing. I also saw pictures I don't remember ever seeing.
Six decades in six minutes. Profound. Sometimes that is what it seems like. Blink. It is another decade and I thought it happened just last year. I had no idea Mamas and Papas were one of your first memories. Thank you for this post. And thanks to all for a wonderful 60th birthday and for 60 incredible years with incredible people around me! I LOVE YOU ALL!! thanks, again, Glenn! love, Jane

aLi said...

wow that was spectacular!!! I agree with Misty, Erin and mom have a LOT of similarities!!!

Denice said...

Happy Belated birthday Jane. Not only does Erin look like you but Kim sure does look like his Mom. I've never seen some of the pictures of you when you were little. What a cute little girl you were & what a beautiful woman you are. Love the pictures of you with the grandkids. I want to be like you when I grow up!!! Love you lots & lots. Thanks Glenn