Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving Flashback

Only a few more days until Thanksgiving! I think this is one of my all-time favorite Thanksgiving pictures.

.


Grandma's Pie


Grannie made such beautiful pies!


One day, I asked her, "How do you get such beautiful pies with the crimps around the edge so even?"


"It's a family secret," she said, "so promise not to tell anyone! I roll out the dough, then cut a bottom layer and carefully put it in the pie plate. Then I slowly pour the filling, making sure it's not too full. Next I cut a top layer and put it over the filling. Finally, I take out my teeth and just run them around the edge of the pie crust and they make the nicest, even impressions you ever did see!"

(Thanks to Casey for this!)

5 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

That is a great picture! You guys are too funny. Thanks so much for your support of my shop! You are so nice! Love ya!

aLi said...

I think that picture would be even better if they were all empty pie tins! Maybe y'all will have to attempt it this year. :D
Funny idea for the pie crust. I wonder if my invisalign-like retainers will do the same trick, too.

Glenn and Lance said...

Ali, let us know if your Invisalign retainers work on the pie crust, Lance is thinking of getting them next year.

Jeni said...

Well..I can't make a pie, but I can sure eat them!

G'pa and G'ma Woody said...

Still laughing....reminds me of the chocolate covered peanuts! love ya, Jane